Prototyping a game is a finnicky business with a number of difficulties:
- Small parameter changes can result in huge gameplay changes
- It's difficult to keep track of all of the different parameters that can affect the game
- It's easy to get caught in an infinite loop of minute tweaks that don't actually progress the project
- It's hard to quantify what makes the game rad or lame
- Prototyping is about thinking flexibly but often tweaking processes end up being fairly rigid
The list goes on.
For the past 2 weeks and during railscamp weekend, I've been prototyping a 4-player competitive game. This session is about my experiences with these prototyping problems, and the solutions I've been working towards. The session will be followed by a demo of the game that anyone can pick up and play.
Projector + 4 PC game controllers
Still room for 9999996 people
- Time & Date
- Time TBD
- Indoor Basketball Court